How Make Your Own Megasquirt
Let's start with what to buy.
For this write-up I'm using the v3.0 board.
I order all my parts through diyautotune.com, a miataturbo.net forum sponsor.
- Megasquirt I Kit
- This is the main assembly kit. It comes with the board, case, DB37 connector to build your harness and all the components you need to build a MS.
- USB to Serial Adapter (Tuning Cable)
- Required to use your laptop to communicate with your Megasquirt.
- PCBv3 and v2.2 -- Pullup Resistors 'ModKit'
- Extra resistors needed to complete the Spark out and Tach input Mods.
- MSPNP IAT Sensor Kit - Steel Bung
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Required sensor to remove the AFM or MAF. The kit has a bung to weld to pipes, extra wire and contacts to insert into the AFM/MAF harness for easy install.
- Boost Control Mod-Kit
- Mod kit for the Boost Control feature.
- Relay Control 'ModKit'
- Mod kit for an extra relay control
- PWM IAC Valve Control (TIP120) 'Mod-Kit'
- (Standalone Only) - Mod kit to control the idle valve when removing the stock ECU.
Highly Recommended Tools:
- Lead Bending Tool
- Helps bend leads for easy installation into the board.
- JimStim MegaSquirt Stimulator w/ Wheel Simulator -Unassembled
- Used to communicate with your laptop without the need of a harness in the car; lets you test your build and flash firmware.
- Good soldering iron
- Small Phillips screwdriver
- Cutting tool to cut wire and leads
page revision: 9, last edited: 26 May 2010 18:37