All you need is the latest MS2/Extra, and Tunerstudio. Thats it!
Flashing The Firmware
Flashing the MS2 Extra Firmware is very easy. Just read the readme, and it will run you through the whole thing. Make sure to flash it with the boot jumper in, since you are flashing a fresh MS. That is all thats to it!
IF YOU ARE RUNNING YOUR COILS NON INVERTED (AKA IF YOU DID NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDE) THEN YOU MUST MUST UNPLUG YOUR COILS WHEN FLASHING THE ECU. IF YOU DON'T THEY WILL FRY.
If you used the spark output in this guide, then you are fine.
IF USING SERIAL TO USB -
You must change a few settings. Go into your device manager, then right click on the serial to usb adapter and click properties. Then change the bits per second to 115200. Next click on advanced and slide both buffers all the way down. That is also where you can change the COM number if you want.
IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOU WILL HAVE CONNECTION ISSUES
Tunerstudio is a great program, a real step up from the old megatune. Its easier to use, and more powerful. To set it up, just follow this:
1. Go to file - new project.
2. Name it whatever you want.
3. Plug in the MS, and turn on the ignition.
4. Click autodetect, and it should find your MS.
5. Click next, make sure all settings are good (Change the wideband input to whatever you are using).
6. After Tunerstudio connects, you need to flash a MSQ. Just use one out of the files section for a base. Make sure to unplug the coils before flashing a msq (If you did not follow the guide)!!
7. Finally, calibrate the sensors. Go to Tools - calibrate thermistor tables.
8. For water temp, use the RX7 CLT.
9. For Air temp, use the GM air temp.
10. Make sure you go to Ignition Settings and check that the spark output is going high (inverted).
11. Thats it! Go tune!!
Just for reference, in the outputs section:
PT6 = JS0 = IAC1
PT7 = JS2 = IAC2